Now that you’ve learned how to tie a slip knot and how to cast on, you can begin your knit row. Now it feels like you’re really knitting!
Here’s how you do it
- Insert the tip of the right needle into the stitch on the left needle, from front to back.
- Take the yarn in the right hand holding the needles where they cross, take the yarn forward to the tip of the right needle.
- Wrap the yarn around the right needle from back to front.
- Draw the tip of the right needle back pulling the looped yarn.
- Slip the left hand stitch off the left needle. You have now completed a knit stitch.
A simple way to remember is – in, round, under, off.
Article is closed for comments.