There is no right or wrong way to secure your thread, and every crafter has their own personal preference.
Our favourite (and we think easiest) method is to:
- Knot the end of your thread
- From the front of your work, push the needle through the fabric
- Leave the knot sitting on the surface a few inches away in the direction that you will be stitching
- Bring the needle back through to the front, in the correct position to start stitching
- Work the first stitches over the end of the thread
- When you have completed a few stitches, you can snip off the knot, leaving the end nice and secured