The hoop is an essential piece of kit for all cross stitch and embroidery enthusiasts, as it allows your fabric to remain taut, making stitching even easier!
- Adjust the tension screw so that you can slide the inner hoop out
- Place the inner hoop on a flat surface, and lay your fabric (right side up) over it
- Place the outer hoop over the fabric and over the inner hoop
- Use both hands to evenly press it down onto the inner hoop
- The grain of your fabric and the design should not be distorted. This can happen if you tighten the fabric too much.
If the hoop feels too tight to push over the fabric and inner hoop, remove it, loosen the screw slightly and try again.
If the fabric feels loose, remove the outer hoop, tighten the screw a little more, and try again.
Article is closed for comments.